SEO Specialist (remote)
Location: Toronto, ON
Commitment: Full Time
Department: Media & Analytics
SEO Specialist (remote) – Job Description
Art & Science is looking for an SEO Specialist reporting to the Director of Media & Analytics. The ideal candidate will contribute to the agency’s growth by helping to drive our client’s marketing and revenue objectives through the strategic application of SEO best practices. Our clients range across a number of diverse categories including but not limited to arts & culture, healthcare and related services, consumer goods and ecommerce.
INCLUSIVITY AND ACCESSIBILITY:
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or nonvisible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
WHO WE ARE:
Art & Science is a full-service marketing agency with pillars in strategy, digital marketing, brand & communication and experiential marketing campaigns. With a ten-year, award-winning history working with some of the biggest brands in Canada, we continue to experience growth and success. Art & Science prides themselves on blending creative with technology to produce incredible results for our clients. At Art & Science, we are not only committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion but we walk the talk and have built a strong culture based on those values.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be the SEO lead on a number of client accounts; Provide strategic guidance and execution, where you will present recommendations on the best SEO strategy based on objectives, industry targets, available time and budget.
- Consult with clients (from a range of different industries) and account leads/managers to understand their business objectives and what success looks like.
- Perform SEO audits on client websites to analyze user experience flow, content, back link, and technical signals to identify areas for improvement relevant to the industry and business.
- Perform on-page SEO to drive rankings and organic traffic.
- Ensure SEO best practices are in place such as identifying duplicate content/meta-data, redirect chains, resolving page speed and server issues.
- Perform keyword research for clients to create an intent-driven keyword list to optimize their website for.
- Monitor and improve local SEO performance for clients with physical storefronts.
- Provide SEO Reporting and meaningful Insights; You will regularly be in front of clients to report on the impact of our efforts
- Lead regular status calls with clients to present SEO performance and insights
- Design and generate regular client reports for all major metrics, goal tracking, revenue tracking, and other organic search initiatives.
- Ensure that all reporting narratives and metrics align with our clients larger business goals. This includes providing insights and hypotheses about the why behind the metrics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Work closely with with sales, account and project managers to identify potential and plan inbound SEO projects (ie. new opportunities we could sell, what resources do we need for an incoming ongoing project, who on our team can we engage and train, etc)
- Interact with in-house UX/development team to ensure wireframes and information architecture are developed to meet objectives.
- You are an SEO technical expert;
- You can perform content, on-page, backlink and technical site audits to build SEO strategies and execute on monthly SEO plan
- You know that it’s not enough to execute an SEO audit and to walk away.
- You can work with developers to implement best SEO on-page practices in new site development.
- You understand the ever-changing relationship between search algorithms and content, can also advise on what kinds of landing pages will convert best and what best practices should be followed to improve user dwell time.
- You are intellectually curious, data-focused and not afraid to ask questions;
- You are someone who loves to learn and the more insights you glean, the more questions you have.
- You know that asking questions is the root of turning data into great insights.
- You love to challenge an idea or assumption, and understand that healthy challenge is what helps a team get stronger and smarter.
- You are a skilful communicator with a strong client-service mindset; you aren’t afraid to educate clients on the thinking behind your approach to campaign management while always showcasing their best interests at heart.
- You understand the ever-changing relationship between paid search and content, and can advise on what kinds of landing pages will convert best.
- You are prepared to go the extra mile to keep clients happy, revel in a challenge, and are always looking to excel, learn and grow
- You are a problem solver and enjoy a challenge; you have a ‘can-do’ attitude that revels in a challenge.
- You’re not afraid to take the time to research and trial solutions to difficult problems.
- You are a team player; you love sharing your successes (and failures) with other team members and discussing how to one-up your last win. You are also happy to mentor a junior team member to help them learn and grow.
- Experience using SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, BrightLocal, AHREFs, etc.
- Comfortable using Google Analytics, Google Search Console to analyze performance metrics such as Bounce Rates, CTR, Sessions, Conversion Rates, etc.
- Required working knowledge of HTML5 and high level knowledge of other web development languages preferred.
- Proficient understanding of SEO functionalities in WordPress and Shopify
BONUS ‘NICE-TO-HAVE’ QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working on e-commerce sites and varying industries
- Content and Copywriting skills are a bonus
WHY WORK WITH US
This is your opportunity to join an agency with a heart, where the values of Diversity and Equity are a focus throughout the organization. In addition to a competitive compensation package, which includes a base salary of $70,000 – $80,000 CAD, a comprehensive health benefits plan, you will start with two weeks vacation and additional time off near long weekends and winter holidays. We also offer generous leave programs, so you’re not using vacation if you’re sick and/or need to care for others.
Art & Science is a hybrid company; We have a downtown Toronto office, and welcome people to work from it when it is convenient to do so. We currently have a mix of staff located in and around the GTA, as well as operating remotely in other locations in the province.
You will have the opportunity to work on some exciting accounts, learn and grow yourself while shaping the minds of junior team members. Our team is one with a strong sense of camaraderie, where everyone wants to see one another succeed. If this piques your interest, we look forward to receiving your application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are asked to fill out the SEO Specialist Job Application in our job portal.