Senior Full Stack Web Developer (Digital Marketing)
Location: Toronto, ON
Commitment: Full Time
Senior Full Stack Web Developer (Digital Marketing)
Art & Science | Toronto, ON (Remote/Hybrid)
Art & Science (https://artscience.ca) is a full-service marketing agency with pillars in strategy, digital marketing, brand & communication and experiential marketing campaigns. With a ten-year, award-winning history working with some of the biggest brands in Canada, we continue to experience growth and success. Art & Science prides themselves on being smart, strategic thinkers that blend creativity with technology to produce incredible results for our clients. Our mission is to ‘Design the Future of Brands and in the last two years alone we’ve grown significantly both in terms of new business wins and our team size. Our (currently under-utilized) office is located in Toronto, Ontario in the heart of the creative district.
We are currently looking for a full-stack web developer who is excited to be part of an agency supporting a diverse group of clients to express the future of their brand online.
INCLUSIVITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities
What you will do:
- Participate in solution ideation; As the champion of technical discovery with a client, you will use your expertise in framing their problem through a technical lens, helping to select the right solution for their business as well as upsell on integrations as you see fit. During this ideation stage, you will make estimations for the project and once the idea has been sold, you’ll put together a specific plan of what needs to be done. You will work closely with the team and account leads to determine the best approach on executing an idea by creating scope for development, preparing proposals and budgets and determining the upgrades and fixes moving forward.
- Build impactful websites; Following the ideation stage once the technical discovery has been successfully established, you will review wireframes and collaborate with our UX designer to ensure that the designs can be executed during development and that client problems can be solved within the deadline. A large part of your role will be responsible for setting up development and staging environments, implementing and configuring the platform then building the actual websites and performing QA and automated testing through to launch. As a more senior full-stack developer you will often be the main person responsible for a client project or multiple projects at the same time.
- Take on ad-hoc website maintenance, upgrades and fixes; As part of your role, you will often be given ad-hoc requests from the tech team, clients and other team members such as the project and account managers. You will be relied upon to use your best judgment in determining priorities and communicating your capacity, asking the right questions and reaching out to other developers as needed in order to support these varied activities. Given your seniority in the role, you’re able to jump into and solve ad hoc requests on projects that might not have been yours initially, as well as ask deeper questions about the purpose of the changes.
- Collaborate and add value to our technology team; Our small but powerful team often works on projects alone but is big on collaboration in a lot of other ways. As part of the team you’ll be expected to mentor junior team members, jump in and support others when deadlines are tight, as well as participate in monthly discussions where we share our learnings and discuss critical processes and changes that support our team.
Who you are:
- Someone who has built websites on a number of different platforms; while you may or may not be a master of all website-building platforms, you have a keen understanding of many of them and are able to adapt easily to any project given your range of skills. It’s likely at this stage in your career, you’re confident in your profession and have a history of successful projects in a number of languages. You’re familiar with a variety of platforms such as WordPress, Laravel and Shopify and your extensive track record speaks to your level of proficiency.
- Proactive communicator and team player; you’re a respectful communicator who is able to comprehensively discuss your needs with your internal team and clients in order to keep all necessary members updated and on track. We’re a close-knit, collaborative team and expect that you also enjoy working in supportive environments. Because you have great interpersonal skills, you’ll be able to provide clear direction in discussing touchpoints on an engagement, you have no problem reaching out for help as you go and you welcome feedback and guidance.
- You're a self-starter; you’re an independent individual who is consistently motivated to learn and take projects from 0 to a 100. We understand that agency life is fast-paced and can sometimes present moments of ambiguity but we trust that your innovative thinking will allow you to produce unique ideas and your entrepreneurial mindset will help you execute on them.
- You’re possibly a freelancer who is craving more stability; the ideal candidate for this role has spent time managing their own clients and/or own small business and is looking for a change. Potentially you’re yearning for more stability, a team of others to collaborate with and more business infrastructure. You have an entrepreneurial mindset that you can apply working across multiple clients.
Technology you will likely use during your time here:
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- PHP frameworks such as Laravel, WordPress, Shopify/Liquid
- Webpack, Gulp or Grunt
- Dev Tools of various browsers
Why work with us:
Being a part of Art & Science allows you to help shape the future of an agency that is just coming into its own. Our agency is growing exponentially and we’re looking for confident professionals to support that growth. Being in this role means being part of an empathetic and supportive group that celebrates diversity in all its forms. As a Full Stack Web Developer you’ll have the opportunity to affect an enormous amount of change and be significantly responsible for the future of our clients’ brands by helping establish their online presence. You will have the opportunity to have ownership over exciting projects, work within a learning culture that focuses on growth trajectories and flourish within a collaborative team where you will be able to see the success of your impact come to fruition.
In addition to your salary of $90,000 – 100,000 CAD , your compensation package includes a comprehensive health benefits plan, 2 weeks vacation plus other paid time off throughout the year, flexible schedule and an education budget. This position is remote or hybrid and if you’re in the Toronto area, we’d love to see you in the office from time to time!
How to apply
Interested candidates are asked to fill out the job application form for the Full Stack Web Developer role in our job portal.
We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you!