Senior Brand Designer
Location: Toronto, ON
Commitment: Full Time
We are currently seeking a senior brand designer (reporting to the Creative Director, Design) whose primary purpose is to deliver great creative work to our clients.
Inclusivity and accessibility:
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Who we are:
Art & Science is a full-service marketing agency with pillars in strategy, brand & communication, media & analytics and experiential marketing campaigns. With a ten-year, award-winning history working with some of the biggest brands in Canada, we continue to experience growth and success. At Art & Science, we pride ourselves on blending creative with technology to produce incredible results for our clients. We are not only committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion but we walk the talk and have built a strong culture based on those values.
What you will do:
Define the visual expression of a brand
You thrive on the creative challenge of telling a clients story through great brand design. You are obsessed with typography, colour, hierarchy of information and know how to pick the right photos to express the emotion for a brand. You know how to design a cohesive visual design systems for a brand that delivers strategic value to our clients, taking into to consideration the context the specific circumstances on each assignment. You enjoy creating logos and visual identities from scratch, but also enjoy exploring how these creations can be applied in different contexts; across digital and print applications: websites, apps, ads, brochures, etc.
Thrive on variety
You like variety; different types of brands, different categories, different problems to solve. You know that your holistic thinking can tackle any design assignment and thrive at challenges you have yet to encounter. You will collaborate with strategy, other creatives, media and analytics, and accounts teams to deepen your understanding of the business challenges of our clients, in the service of providing novel and creative solutions to those problems.
Teach a junior to fish
You have such a well defined skillset that you know all the rules— as well as when they can must be adhered to, when they can be bent, or even broken. And you are comfortable imparting this knowledge on less experienced team members in constructive ways.
- You have a sense of hustle, and tons of professional integrity. You are passionate about doing great design work, but you ultimately put the creative needs of the project ahead of your personal ambitions. You care about your work being effective, above all.
- You enjoy touching many different projects and your portfolio is full of work that reflects your ability to be a “design chameleon”. Across any project, your decisions demonstrate your solid understanding of type, space and hierarchy.
- You are a strategic, conceptual thinker who can communicate the ‘why’ behind your designs; you understand that all decisions in the design process need to be rooted in a rationale. You recognize that if a design requires a long explanation, it has probably missed the mark. You understand that the best designs take into account client goals and limitations, and you deliver work that is meaningful for them.
- You’re comfortable enough in front of clients to present your work on your own, deal with subjective feedback in the moment, and maintain our reputation of being amazing to work with.
- You are a team player; comfortable with sharing your ideas, happy to listen to critiques, and able to independently reach out for clarity or collaboration with other staff.
- Your number one goal is always to do what is right for our clients. You bring passion to your work, an enthusiasm to new challenges, and are always trying to move the needle forward.
Why work with us:
This is your opportunity to join an agency with a heart, where the values of Diversity and Equity are a focus throughout the organization. In addition to a competitive compensation package, which includes a base salary of $80K – $85K and a comprehensive health benefits plan, you will start with three weeks of vacation, and have additional time off near summer long weekends and winter holidays. You will also experience generous leave programs, so you’re not using vacation if you’re sick and/or need to care for others.
We have a downtown Toronto office, and welcome people to work in the office on a flexible basis. This role provides the opportunity to make a mark on our design culture and have exposure to a diverse range of brands, verticals and projects. If this piques your interest, we look forward to receiving your application.
Interested candidates are asked to use the link provided to access our job portal. Please include a link to your portfolio.
Art & Science is an equal opportunity employer. We will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.