Digital Producer (Experiential, Photography and Video)
Location: Toronto, ON
Commitment: Full Time
We are looking for a Digital Producer to join our dynamic agency to support the Client Services and Creative Team with client communications and add value to our creative collaborations. This is a mid-level position but with a great opportunity for growth within the Client Services team and broader agency. We are looking for someone who is passionate about brands and the digital landscape and is looking for an opportunity to grow.
Inclusivity and Accessibility
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Who we are
Art & Science (https://artscience.ca) is a full-service marketing agency with pillars in strategy, digital marketing, brand & communication and experiential marketing campaigns. With a ten-year, award-winning history working with some of the biggest brands in Canada, we continue to experience growth and success. Art & Science prides itself on being smart, strategic thinkers that blend creative with technology to produce incredible results for our clients. Our mission is to ‘Design the Future of Brands and in the last two years alone we’ve grown significantly both in terms of new business wins and our team size. Our (currently under-utilized) office is located in Toronto, Ontario in the heart of the creative district. At Art & Science, we are not only committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion but we walk the talk and have built a strong culture based on those values.
What you will do
- Establish a solid plan from the pre-production stage; once you receive a client brief from the Account Manager, you will prepare and establish a production plan where you will ballpark budgets and high-level schedules for production and identify potential risks. You will work closely with the Creative Director to understand the vision of the project to translate the vision down to the production level. Because you will maintain a directory of production companies and key contacts, you will be able to easily choose several production houses based on the client’s needs and budget to present as options. This means sourcing and consolidating information to pull together a plan for the budget, timelines and overall approach to present to the client that will ensure deliverables are able to be flawlessly executed.
- Set up for success all stakeholders and resources in preparation for the day of production; once your plan has been approved by the client, you will work closely with the production house to source talent, photographers and vendors in preparation for production day. As part of this, you will be responsible for scouting filming locations (where applicable) and coordinating shoot schedules. Alongside the Project Manager and the Account Manager, you will provide clients reassurance that a production is progressing according to the established roadmap. You will also proactively ensure the client is kept up to date if readjustments need to be made. A critical aspect of learning and growth for you in this role is to understand the perspectives of client services in order to think strategically in navigating these conversations. Additionally, you will support the Account Manager with managing the day-of client stakeholders and coordinate the onboarding of the production house and freelancers.
- Orchestrate the execution of the plan on the day of production; your main priority on the day of production is to be on set and ensure that everyone is able to fulfill their duties. You will act as the liaison between the production house and either our Account Manager or the client directly. Success in this aspect is knowing your production’s deliverables inside out by keeping an eye on the schedules, budget and suppliers and making sure they have the necessary resources to meet their outcomes. A metric of success will be the ability to stay within budget and flagging risks ahead of time if the budget is anticipated to go over.
- Ensure flawless post production follow up; following the day of production, your priorities will be to oversee that the production house is on track to create the assets and to work closely with the Project Manager and Account Manager on the review before presenting to the client for final approval. When you receive invoices from vendors, you will reconcile them against the budget. If there needs to be future follow-ups for renewals, you will ensure that it is recorded in our calendars and all the details are well documented.
- You’re persistent under the cloak of empathy; you recognize the urgency that comes with production which means that you have no problem chasing after others to get what is needed to move things along whilst still being an empathetic partner representing the agency. Your strategy relies on clearly communicating expectations and deadlines to stakeholders so that they understand the urgency of a matter and their impact.
- You’re dedicated to continuous learning; at this point in your career, you’re familiar with the entirety of a production lifecycle because you’ve supported multiple shoots with budgets of $100,000+ with various photographers/videographers. This means that by now you’re fluent in establishing holistic shoot budgets and timelines that encompass vendor and talent considerations, time usage, approval schedules and model selection. You’re eager to grow your skills and knowledge of the production world which means that you’re looking to take on new tasks and reach out to others for help.
- You think 10 steps ahead; you have the ability to foresee potential risks and red flags before they occur. Your futuristic mindset allows you to envision how the impact of these risks may trickle down to the production level. While your eye for opportunity allows you to notice trends with client requests to come up with ideas for efficiencies and improvements.
- You have meticulous time management and organization skills; due to the nature of your work, you understand how important details affect the execution of an engagement. Because of this, you recognize the ultimate value of clear and detailed communication to and from stakeholders in order to manage the overall deliverables that you’ve committed to.
- You are a team player; you love sharing your successes (and failures) with other team members and discussing how to one-up your past successes. You foster a positive energy, manage expectations and work collaboratively to find creative solutions to problems that arise.
Why work with us
Being a part of Art & Science allows you to help shape the future of an agency that is just coming into its own. We work in an agency fueled by intelligent, lively individuals in a culture of support and collaboration. Our agency is growing exponentially and we’re looking for confident professionals to support that growth. As a Digital Producer, you’ll have the opportunity to support the Client Services and Creative team by facilitating the day-to-day coordination of productions and be significantly responsible for the successful delivery and relationships with our clients during the duration of a production engagement. If you love being part of the successful life cycle of production, supporting a team to victory and flourishing in dynamic, creative environments, we’re just an application away.
In addition to your salary of $70,000 – $80,000 CAD, your compensation package includes a comprehensive health benefits plan, generous PTO, a flexible schedule and education benefits. This position is hybrid with travel involved for production shoots and if you’re in the Toronto area, we’d love to see you in the office from time to time!
How to apply
Interested candidates are asked to fill out the job application form for the Digital Producer role in our job portal.
We are a respectful workplace committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you!