Art & Science is actively seeking a contract UX Strategist to lend their skills toward the redesign of the website for a major global musical instrument brand.
INCLUSIVITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from womxn, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
On the heels of a recent brand refresh, we’re now ready to move our client forward by updating their digital presence, with the website being their key touchpoint.
The UX Strategist represents the “tip of the spear” in our discovery and design process. You will be responsible for understanding business goals, uncovering marketing and customer insights, while crafting the user experience that our visual designer and developer will support.
- This is NOT a UI design role, but strictly UX.
- This is a Contract position.
- We are looking to secure a candidate by mid-February to start ASAP.
- This position is currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
You are a UX expert, skilled in both research and design. You’re able to think strategically to solve complex problems, collaboratively, with both stakeholders and team members.
You are a self-starter and UX leader, able to guide clients through discovery workshops, conduct one-on-one interviews, undertake surveys and otherwise perform your own research as you deem necessary to inform your UX own strategies.
Working in our clients’ best interests is key. So is proactively collaborating with our diverse and talented team. Big egos and design rockstars need not apply.
- 4-6 years of relevant professional experience;
- A strong portfolio;
- Excellent facilitation skills, along with written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Strong understanding of accessibility concerns and solutions (AODA / WCAG);
- Good understanding of responsive web design and designing for mobile;
- Proficient in Sketch or Figma;
- University or college degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
Scope of Work
- Actively lead client discovery sessions, uncovering business goals and insights;
- Conduct desktop and/or ethnographic research as required to understand competitors, customers and etc.;
- Work with our SEO team, Account Leads, and Brand Strategist to take their insights into account;
- Work closely with the development and design teams to determine the feasibility of your UX solutions;
- Create user personas and flows, wireframes, prototypes and other artefacts as needed to communicate your ideas.
- Present your research findings, insights and design solutions to clients for feedback and buy-in;
- Provide intermittent feedback around the development efforts to ensure alignment with your vision.
- Starts mid-February
- Estimated 15-30 hours per week for ~6 weeks.
- Majority of UX work to be completed by early April.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending an introductory email, along with a resume and a portfolio to: Kirk Clyne, Chief Creative Officer: email@example.com.
We thank everyone in advance for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.