Art & Science is actively seeking to connect with experienced UX Designers for various upcoming project needs.
INCLUSIVITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from womxn, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
As a full-service digital agency, our output ranges from discovery and strategy through to design and development, and performance marketing, with User Experience Design always playing a key role. Our projects include B2B and B2C, Arts & Culture, Not for Profit, Medical, startups, ecommerce and more.
The majority of the UX work we perform is in service of web properties (either net-new or redesigns).
As we grow, we find ourselves in need of outside help to distribute the workload. We’re generally looking for folks with a few years under their belt who would need little guidance from our Creative or Strategy teams.
You are a UX expert, skilled in both research and design. You’re able to think strategically to solve complex problems; work independently; and collaborate with both client stakeholders and team members.
You are able to lead and facilitate client discovery workshops on your own, conduct one-on-one interviews, undertake surveys, and otherwise perform your own research as you recommend to inform your UX own strategy.
You’ll produce and present wireframes, user personas, journey maps and other artefacts (that you deem necessary) to help communicate your solutions.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience;
- A strong portfolio;
- Excellent facilitation skills, along with written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Strong understanding of accessibility concerns and solutions (AODA / WCAG);
- Good understanding of responsive web design and designing for mobile;
- Proficient in Sketch or Figma;
- University or college degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
Scope of Work
- Actively lead client discovery sessions, uncovering business goals and insights;
- Conduct desktop and/or ethnographic research as required to understand competitors, customers and etc.;
- Work with our SEO team, Account Leads, and Lead Strategist to take their insights into account;
- Collaborate with clients to prioritize desired features and develop a product roadmap;
- Work closely with the development and design teams to determine the feasibility of your UX solutions;
- Create user personas and flows, wireframes, prototypes and other artefacts as needed to communicate your ideas to internal and external teams;
- Present your research findings, insights and design solutions to clients for feedback and buy-in;
- Provide intermittent feedback around the development efforts to ensure alignment with your vision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending an introductory email, along with a resume and a portfolio link, to:
Kirk Clyne, Chief Creative Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject: UX freelancer
We thank everyone in advance for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.