Art & Science is looking for a SEO Strategist to come join our growing team.
About Art & Science
Art & Science is an award-winning boutique digital agency that develops effective digital marketing solutions and experiences for a growing roster of clients that include the Toronto International Film Festival, Hermes, Intel Canada and Starbucks Canada. Our name is a reflection of our beliefs — that it takes the combination the inspiration of the Artist combined with the analytic rigour of the Scientist to succeed in today’s marketplace. We’re talented, agile, work very hard and have a lot of fun.
Art & Science is ranked one of the top Canadian Digital Agencies by clutch.co and has been named two years in a row by Growth 500 as one of Canada’s top 500 fastest growing companies. In 2018, Art & Science won Best Tech Work Culture at the Timmy Awards by Tech in Motion.
- You’re a deft communicator — both in writing and verbally.
- You can think strategically about a business and quickly understand the nuances of particular sector while coming up with recommendations to help them create a strategy (on-page and off-page) to grow organic traffic for relevant keywords.
- You understand the ever-changing relationship between search algorithms and content, and can also advise on what kinds of landing pages will convert best and what best practices should be followed to improve user dwell time.
- You believe in data and have the ability to pull numbers to support your recommendations and their efficacy.
- You have the ability to translate large amount of data into client-friendly bite-size insights.
- You know that it’s not enough to execute an SEO audit and to walk away.
- You have a strong client-service mindset, and aren’t afraid to educate clients on the thinking behind your approach to campaign management.
- You are prepared to go the extra mile to keep clients happy, revel in a challenge, and are always looking to excel, learn and grow.
- You’re a fast learner.
- You have excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Consult with clients to understand their business objectives and what success looks like.
- Present recommendations on the best SEO strategy based on objectives, industry targets, available time and budget.
- Perform SEO audits on client websites to analyze user experience flow, content, back link, and technical on-page signals to identify areas for improvement relevant to the industry and business.
- Ensure SEO best practices are in place such as identifying duplicate content/meta-data, redirect chains, resolving page speed and server issues.
- Perform on-page SEO to drive rankings and organic traffic.
- Generate regular client reporting for all major metrics, goals tracking, revenue tracking, and other organic search initiatives.
- Run regular status calls with clients to present SEO performance and insights
- Keep pace with current search engine and PPC industry trends and developments.
- Interact with in-house UX/development team to ensure wireframes and information architecture are developed to meet objectives.
- Minimum 3 years of digital marketing experience, specifically in SEO.
- Required working knowledge of HTML5 and high level knowledge of other web development languages preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and systems thinking mindset
- Comfortable using Google Analytics, Google Search Console to analyze performance metrics such as Bounce Rates, CTR, Sessions, Conversion Rates, etc…
- Experience using Excel, Word Doc, Google Slides
- Experience using SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, SiteBulb, AHREFs, etc…
- Experience working on e-commerce sites and varying industries
- Design and copywriting skills are a bonus
- Working knowledge of French
- Directly reporting to the Associate Director of Paid Media and Analytics & the Vice President
Work Environment and Perks
- Brightly lit and spacious downtown Toronto office at Richmond and Spadina
- Education budget so you keep learning and growing
- Health benefits plan
- Paid social events
- Pet friendly space
- Reasonable office hours
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Sparkling and still filtered water available on tap
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending a hand-crafted, well-written and bespoke introductory email, along with resume and a portfolio link, to: Stephen Mah, Associate Director of Paid Media and Analytics: firstname.lastname@example.org and Margaret Kwan, Director of Operations: email@example.com
Please include the following in your letter of interest:
- Why are you the best fit for the job?
- Where have you been? (A brief overview of your most relevant experience)
- What are you passionate about?
- Show us your work (A link to your online portfolio of projects)
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Art & Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.