Art & Science is looking for an Intermediate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist to come join our growing team.
About Art & Science
Art & Science is an award-winning boutique digital agency that develops effective digital marketing solutions and experiences for a growing roster of clients that include the Toronto International Film Festival, Hermes, Intel Canada and Starbucks Canada. Our name is a reflection of our beliefs — that it takes the combination the inspiration of the Artist combined with the analytic rigour of the Scientist to succeed in today’s marketplace. We’re talented, agile, work very hard and have a lot of fun.
Art & Science is ranked one of the top Canadian Digital Agencies by clutch.co and has been named two years in a row by Growth 500 as one of Canada’s top 500 fastest growing companies. In 2018, Art & Science won Best Tech Work Culture at Timmys Awards.
You’re deft communicator — both in writing and verbally. You can think strategically about a business and quickly understand the nuances of particular sector while coming up with creative and compelling calls to action. You understand the ever-changing relationship between paid search and organic content, and can advise on what kinds of landing pages will convert best. You believe in data and campaign optimization. You have the ability to translate large amount of data into client-friendly bite-size insights. You know that it’s not enough to set up a campaign and walk away. You have a strong client-service mindset, and aren’t afraid to educate clients on the thinking behind your approach to campaign management. You are prepared to go the extra mile to keep clients happy, revel in a challenge, and are always looking to excel, learn and grow. You’re a fast learner. You have excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Consult with clients to understand their business objectives and what success looks like.
- Present recommendations on the best SEO strategy based on objectives, industry targets, available time and budget.
- Assist in technical audits on client websites to analyze user experience flow and identify areas for improvement specific to industry and UX best practices.
- Ensure SEO best practices are in place such as identifying duplicate content/meta-data, redirect chains, page speed and server errors
- Perform on-page optimizations to drive rankings and organic traffic
- Generate regular client reporting for all major metrics, goals tracking, revenue tracking, and other organic search initiatives.
- Run regular status calls with clients to present SEO performance and insights
- Keep pace with current search engine and PPC industry trends and developments.
- Interact with in-house UX team to ensure wireframes and information architecture are developed to meet objectives.
- 1 to 2 years of digital marketing experience
- Required working knowledge of HTML5 and high-level of understanding in CSS
- Demonstrated analytical and systems thinking mindset
- Demonstrated use of Google Analytics and Google Search Console to analyze performance metrics such as bounce rates, CTR, sessions
- Experience using Excel, Word Doc, Google Slides
- Experience using SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEM Rush, Serpstat
- Copywriting skills is an asset
- Certification in Google’s suite of marketing products (e.g. AdWords Search, Display, Video, Shopping)
- Experience executing PPC campaigns, setting up and managing Google Adwords, Display retargeting, Facebook Ad Campaigns
- Working knowledge of French
- Directly reporting to Head of SEO and Vice-President
- Brightly lit and spacious downtown Toronto office (Richmond and Spadina)
- Pet friendly
- Hours of work are 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday. However, there may be circumstances when irregular hours are required
How to Apply
Art & Science thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Art & Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.