We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who is as strategic as they are analytical, whose primary purpose is to manage and deliver mid-to-large scale projects that include strategy, design, development, performance, digital marketing and production.
WHO WE ARE:
We are Art & Science (A&S), and we are a team of creative technologists who don’t see art and science as two separate things. We have a ten-year history of creating digital experiences for some of the biggest brands in Canada, launching new brands designed from the ground up, and helping new businesses get off the ground with proven customer-centric strategies
INCLUSIVITY AND ACCESSIBILITY:
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities. Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
From brief to delivery, Project Managers are at the heart of all of our projects.
As a Senior Project Manager (SPM) at A&S, you are encouraged to drive/facilitate key project decisions autonomously, while collaborating with and informing discipline leads as needed. You will oversee all day-to-day project activities including managing internal and external teams and all stakeholder communications. You are also responsible for the financial reporting and resource management of all programs/projects you manage/oversee. As a SPM, you are coming to A&S with seasoned agency experience. You are responsible for managing and delivering mid to large scale projects that include strategy, design, development, performance/ digital marketing and production. You are responsible for the overall project health and quality of delivery, working closely with account and discipline leads to ensure high-quality projects are delivered on time and on budget, while always meeting the strategic business and marketing goals of our clients.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Independently own/manage all aspects of the project and/or program from brief to delivery.
- Effectively structure and maintain projects with parallel streams including; strategy, creative, development, production, social media and performance marketing, totalling over $1M – $4M annually.
- Actively assess and resolve change, risk, and crisis management issues, to ensure the profitable delivery of project work.
- Proactively partner with Account Manager/Lead and discipline leads to manage client services by:
- Taking ownership of estimates, statements of work, change orders, contracts, staffing/resourcing plans based on the project scope and desired margin.
- Focusing on project/program and account goals (both large and small) that best optimize process and approach, while finding opportunities to better service the account/client and upsell initiatives.
- Producing and maintaining top standard documentation (and corresponding communication cadences) including financial reports, status/burn reports, asset management, invoicing, and project reconciliations.
- Continuously set expectations with all stakeholders (internal, client, and vendor) to ensure alignment and compliance on project/program and account level decisions.
- Actively partner with discipline leads to guide and manage the evolution of project work from brief to delivery, ensuring top level quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Proactively plan and implement all resourcing needs throughout the project lifecycle.
- Practice solution-oriented thinking and problem-solving by:
- Having a high degree of empathy and applying that lens to each situation
- Remaining positive, resilient, and retaining a professional demeanour with all stakeholders (clients, internal teams, vendors, etc).
- Participate and contribute in departmental meetings, adding to the project management culture of driving efficiency and quality
- Participate in new business opportunities as needed, such as proposals, pitch work, and demonstrations.
WHAT YOU KNOW:
- You have experience overseeing/managing long term multi-million dollar integrated programs/projects, with multiple parallel tracks.
- You enjoy creating and driving process, always keeping efficiency in mind for both projects teams and delivery.
- You have a strong understanding of, and have managed best-in-class campaign and web deliverables including; strategic discovery, brand, digital, social media, performance marketing, and production.
- You understand delivery approaches across a multitude of different project types, and can create project/program plans accordingly.
- You are well versed in project management methodologies and approaches, including but not limited to Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid, etc, and understand when to tailor/pivot the process to fit the parameters of a project/program/client.
- You have experience/familiarity working in Google Drive, JIRA, Trello and SmartSheet.
- Your management of clients and project teams is based on empathy; you are able to motivate, support and understand the teams and stakeholders you are overseeing.
- You have an innate ability to lead by example; collaborating with and managing project teams, actively participating in departmental conversations, and occasionally mentoring junior team members.
- You are someone who takes an active interest in building and fostering great relationships with the people you work with; both at A&S and our clients.
WHY WORK WITH US:
This is your opportunity to join an agency with a heart, where the values of Diversity and Equity are a focus throughout the organization.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, which includes a base salary of $80,000 – $85,000 CAD and a comprehensive health benefits plan, you will start with three weeks vacation, additional time off near summer long weekends and winter holidays.
We have an office downtown Toronto for those that prefer to work from the office, however we will be moving to working remotely and we plan to continue that practice into the future. We have core business hours 9-5 EST where we expect you to be online and able to communicate with the team/clients.
You will also experience generous leave programs, so you’re not using vacation if you’re sick and/or need to care for others. We have a downtown office, with the desire to have people working out of the office on a flexible basis once it is possible to do so. You will have the opportunity to shape the performance marketing team, and the careers of the people on it. Our team is one with a strong sense of camaraderie, where everyone wants to see one another succeed. If this piques your interest, we look forward to receiving your application.
HOW TO APPLY:
- nterested candidates are asked to fill out the job application form for the Senior Project Manager role in our job portal.
- In the job application form, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Personal Contact Details (Name, Email, Phone, Pronoun(s))
Our hiring manager takes time to review these applications. The level of effort you put into this application process is taken into consideration when assessing candidates to move into the next round.
Art & Science is an equal opportunity employer.