Do you want to work with an unpretentious design team, and a creative director who encourages a self-starter with big picture thinking and appreciates contemporary design?
Do you yearn to work on innovative projects, alongside a collaborative team of exceptional graphic designers, UX designers and developers?
Would you like to work for a successful agency that still manages to offer regular hours, a supportive working environment, and who recently won a Best Culture award?
Are you drawn to other professionals who are as passionate as you are about doing great work, who are excited by creating new experiences, and who have a ton of fun together?
Then we might be for you.
Who we’re holding out for:
- You excel at using design to communicate conceptual ideas and are able to articulate your vision to colleagues and clients. This is essential for succeeding in this role.
- You know how to make websites sing, and have at least 5 years of professional digital design experience.
- You have knowledge of responsive front-end web development and/or know how to work well with developers to bring your designs to life on the web.
- You have strong design chops, and you’re able to create a variety of different aesthetics to arrive at the right look and feel for diverse project types and audiences.
- You play well with others, and are good at both taking direction when necessary and leading the charge to create new concepts and visuals on your own when needed.
- You have strong project management skills and are able to handle multiple tasks at once with tight deadlines.
- Min. 5 years of professional digital design experience
- Focus on web design, with a broad and deep portfolio to match
- Able to work in-person at our downtown Toronto office, Monday–Friday
- Ability to collaborate with our close-knit team of strategists, developers, and project managers
- Clear, concise, and empathetic communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize your own time based on budgets and timelines
- Proficient in the Adobe suite and (ideally) Sketch
- Must love dogs (or at least like them). We regularly have furry friends at the office!
Bonus points for:
- A university or college degree in a relevant discipline
- Agency experience
- Additional creative skills, especially any of the following:
- Brand development, visual identity
- Illustration, infographics
- Photography, videography, video editing
- Copywriting, storyboarding
- Motion graphics, character animation
- Additional tech skills, e.g.:
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Development experience
- Interesting and/or diverse interests—we have a fantastic team with a wide range of skills and interests, from VR and generative art to D&D. The more diverse your experience and interests, the better you’ll thrive here.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Health benefits plan after 3 months probationary period
- Working with a whole bunch of friendly, talented, fun-loving and smart people. (We won the 2018 Tech In Motion Award for “Best Tech Work Culture” in Toronto)
- A fast moving and ambitious environment
- A wide variety of clients and project types
- A brightly lit, spacious downtown Toronto office at Richmond and Spadina
- Fully paid-for team social events
- A generous, personal education budget
- Actually Reasonable Office Hours™ (Typically Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm) 🙂
How to apply
Send a resume, a portfolio link and a friendly note to:
- Kirk Clyne, Chief Creative Officer (CCO): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Margaret Kwan, Director of Operations: email@example.com
Include your availability, and expected salary range.
(Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.)
Who we are
Art & Science is a digital agency like no other. We combine the creative inspiration of the artist with the analytic rigour of the scientist to produce campaigns, products and even new companies. We’re smart, agile, and we generally kick a lot of ass.
Our creative work goes beyond websites to include digital campaigns, experimental tech, VR and interactive installations. And our growing roster of clients includes Ecobee, Hermes, Intel Canada and Starbucks Canada.
We’re ranked as one of the top Canadian Digital Agencies by clutch.co and we’ve been named by Growth 500 as one of Canada’s top 500 fastest growing companies, two years in a row.
Art & Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.