Art & Science is looking for a Senior Brand Strategist to come join our growing team.
Inclusivity and Accessibility
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from womxn, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- You have a minimum of 5 years agency experience in a brand strategy capacity working with a variety of brands and industries.
- You are a strategic thinker who can lead clients, senior management team, as well as the teams on the ground.
- You have an authentic, assured, and compelling presence in senior management team meetings providing an insightful and strategic point-of-view. You have the ability to educate clients on the strategic plan and process to get buy-in and trust.
- You elevate conversations related to strategy, ask the right questions that are not just from a best practices list or textbook questions but tailored to each conversation and client.
- You understand business model fundamentals, and are always seeking to understand what value is being exchanged in any brand context.
- You know how to organize your time well.
- You have a methodology to effectively and efficiently take complex information, distill and synthesize what matters into clear and concise concepts. What you end up presenting are cogent thoughts and ideas.
- You can help define and refine the strategic process at Art & Science and mentor other team members in order to scale our strategic efforts.
- You are invested in growing client relationships and their trust, whether new and existing. One of your tactics in gaining trust is by consistently providing insights about their industry and audience.
- You know how to lead and steer difficult conversations. You’re not afraid to ask client bold/tough questions while showing an enormous amount of empathy to stakeholders who have different agendas and perspectives. You help clients see who they are and what opportunities and gaps they may have.
- At least 5 years of agency experience working in a client-facing strategic capacity
- Design and develop client session/workshop design tactics and workshop materials with minimal support
- Develop and present the strategic process and framework at Art & Science:
- Establish presentation flows and comfortable leading presentations, strategy sessions, and workshops
- Establish logical organization and justification of the strategy deliverables, activities, and impact
- Strong experience in facilitating, analyzing and distilling primary and secondary research
This position will report directly to the President.
Work Culture and Perks
- We trust each other implicitly, are always innovating, and have a ton of fun doing so. For more info, visit https://artscience.ca/philosophy/ and learn more about our “rules” which should give you a good sense of who we are (short of visiting and meeting folks).
- Brightly lit and spacious downtown Toronto office at Adelaide and Spadina (although we’re currently working remotely because of COVID-19)
- Education budget so you keep learning which can be spent towards courses, conferences etc.
- Health benefits plan
- Fully paid for social events
- Pet friendly
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting an introductory email.
Your email should include all of the following:
- Why are you the best fit for the role?
- Where have you been? (A brief overview of your most relevant experience.)
- What are you passionate about?
- Examples of your work (e.g. planning documents like agile/waterfall project plans)
- Salary expectations
- Whether you need any accommodations in the interview process
COVID-19 and Remote Work
Art & Science is committed to safe and responsible working conditions for all employees and contractors and has been fully complying with all Provincial recommendations for physical distancing and remote work. As such we are conducting all interviews remotely via video conferencing.
We are closely monitoring global best practices and when it is safe to do so, we will be re-opening our downtown Toronto office in full compliance with Provincial, National and World Health Organization recommendations. Consequently, we are only considering candidates within a reasonable commute to the Toronto downtown area (Adelaide/Spadina).
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.