We are currently seeking a Senior Account Manager (reporting to the VP, Ecommerce) whose primary purpose is to help nurture and grow our relationships with clients, creating an environment where everyone can do their best work.
Inclusivity and Accessibility
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Who We Are:
Art & Science is a full-service marketing agency with pillars in strategy, digital marketing, brand & communication and experiential marketing campaigns. With a ten-year, award-winning history working with some of the biggest brands in Canada, we continue to experience growth and success. Art & Science prides themselves on blending creative with technology to produce incredible results for our clients. At Art & Science, we are not only committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion but we walk the talk and have built a strong culture based on those values.
What You Will Do:
- Make our clients fall in love with Art & Science; you are the key relationship holder between the agency and your assigned accounts. You will understand their businesses, feel like a partner on their team and advocate for them internally. You ensure we fulfill the promises we’ve made to the client by being their voice inside the agency. You hold senior client relationships and make our clients feel heard. Clients enjoy speaking to you and respect your ideas. You work with them to help ensure they’re always educated on what’s available to grow their business and find ways to surprise and delight them.
- Drive clients’ businesses forward; you are able to continuously see and communicate ideas that will help achieve our client’s goals. You do this through a variety of strategies and tactics, among which is hosting quarterly business reviews with our internal teams, leveraging our expertise to help plan the next 6 months. You bring clients new ideas, thinking beyond what they’ve initially asked us to do. By thinking critically and with a value-add lens, you’re able to speak intelligently to strategies and recommended approaches they may pursue. You show up offering a perspective and opinion on their business.
- Initiate, maintain and manage client expectations; you are able to help scope work and have honest dialogue with clients around the scope of the projects. You maintain regular contact with our clients and ensure they know what they’re getting for their investment. You work closely with our project management team to ensure deadlines are met and agreed-upon deliverables and timelines are kept. You also participate in pitches at the start of client relationships to help build trust in Art & Science from the beginning of a relationship. You’re able to ideate for pitches and our executive team feels confident leaving our clients in your hands.
- Work internally to create an environment where everyone can do great work; you have enough understanding of each department (performance marketing, creative, project management) to be able to push for excellence amongst your peers. You understand the potential and constraints of our internal teams and gather that knowledge to bring clients a new way of thinking beyond the initial ask. You are able to inspire those at Art & Science to deliver great work that we’re proud to show our clients.
- You have strong strategic business acumen, particularly with numbers and financial literacy; you are able to quickly understand our clients’ business models and how they make money. You’re no stranger to building models, helping set KPI’s and diving into the financials. This is a critical competency as you are able to differentiate what activities add the most value to a client. Your competency with numbers also means you are able to communicate to our clients how their investment yielded return, connecting the dots to tell a story.
- You can hold the focus of executives and build trust quickly; you have a skill at winning others over and being able to command the room. You have a sixth sense for how a group of people is feeling, and are able to not only communicate an idea through story-telling but quickly adjust based on what you’re perceiving from the group. You build a deep sense of trust because of your confidence in our work, knowledge of relevant tools, platforms and familiarity with high-performance campaigns.
- You are a strategic, future focused thinker; you are able to turn data into insights and drive our clients’ business forward. You’re constantly identifying opportunities in each client interaction; from the opportunity to learn more about their business, build trust, deepen a relationship or help provide more value and find ways to bring those to fruition. You have a strong depth of experience in performance marketing tactics and strategies and understand what works across upper, mid and lower funnel activities.
- You know how to foster a great working environment within an agency to deliver exceptional work; you’re comfortable with the players in an agency model and understand how to build positive relationships with everyone around you. You’ve led large accounts and know how to use internal specialists to collaborate on creating client wins. You’re happy to offer support and mentorship to junior team members – leaving everyone feeling great from their interactions with you.
Why Work With Us:
This is your opportunity to join an agency with a heart, where the values of Diversity and Equity are a focus throughout the organization. In addition to a competitive compensation package, which includes a base salary of $75,000-$85,000k and a comprehensive health benefits plan, you will start with three weeks vacation, additional time off near long weekends and winter holidays. You will also experience generous leave programs, so you’re not using vacation if you’re sick and/or need to care for others. We have a downtown office, with the desire to have people working out of the office on a flexible basis once it is possible to do so. This role provides the opportunity to have hands-on entrepreneurial experience running our client accounts. We give you the tools you need to help businesses grow. If this piques your interest, we look forward to receiving your application.
Interested candidates are asked to fill out the job application form for the Senior Account Manager role in our job portal.
Art & Science is an equal opportunity employer. We will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.