Art & Science Digital Experience Design is seeking a full-time Senior Account Manager.
INCLUSIVITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from womxn, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
As a Senior Account Manager, you exhibit the following qualities and attributes:
- You bring 4 to 5 years of agency-side account management experience to the table across a range of industries but with a specific focus on retail / CPG.
- You are solution-oriented and a strategic thinker, always thinking of delivering above and beyond client asks. You have the ability to listen and learn of a particular clients’ unique business, brand and our deliverable in their marketing mix.
- You are a confident communicator who can easily command a room. You have the ability to present concepts/manage feedback with authority through email, phone and in-person. You are as comfortable talking about brand as you are working through more practical tactics.
- You enjoy fostering and owning client relationships and enjoy the role of internal ambassador for the client internally, always ensuring our solutions adhere to the client’s strategic business objectives.
- You can navigate challenging client expectations by listening with intent, empathy, and manage with tenacity. You understand the needs of others intuitively.
- You maintain a positive attitude, especially in the face of tight timelines and multiple asks.
- You understand that no task is too small approach, while never losing sight of the bigger picture with clients. You are driven by fostering relationships and not just transactional.
- You are a natural self starter and have the ability to determine when a solution needs to be MVP and when to dive deep into the data / research.
- You have a strong business acumen, commercial sensibility and are results-focused. Art & Science prides itself on our ability to get our client the results their business needs. If you aren’t seeing good results early, advocate to adjust and get things on track. You understands how to manage revenue and growth on an account.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The role does not include a formal set of responsibilities, but anticipated activities may include:
- Lead client management on selected clients at Art & Science, managing and setting expectations internally and externally.
- Lead intake sessions with clients, ensuring there is a clear understanding of the path forward between client and agency. Approach the briefing process with clients with a desire to solve real problems and how help drive their brands forward.
- Drive the overall project internally in partnership with the assigned project manager/marketing manager.
- Present concepts/plans to clients in partnership with the broader team.
- Work very closely with internal teams at A&S (creative, project management, tech/dev, performance marketing) and collaborating on delivering against client briefs/asks.
- Be the main advocate for client needs and expectations internally, represent their desires and expectations on any and all delivery.
- Respond to all ad-hoc client requests, ensuring any response has had internal consultation before responding to client.
- Identify key client opportunities beyond the asks and look for ways to grow a clients’ business within or potentially beyond the agency’s offering.
- Report to key account management leadership, communicating on all projects and employing best practices around client leadership
- Be proactive by looking at ways to not just do the bare minimum, but thinking ahead to what’s happening in the clients’ business and bringing ideas to them that are unexpected and add value so that clients can’t help but love you and the agency.
- Support the agency’s executive on sales activities including; pitching, prospecting and proposal writing.
Background and Experience
- Minimum 4-5 years experience working in an account management agency side. (Preferred mix of independent agencies & big network agencies)
- Digital marketing and development background with an understanding of digital and a passion for learning what’s new/next
- Passion for creative and brand storytelling. You can identify great design and know how to collaborate with creative teams
- Budget/timeline management proficiency with ability to manage these items with strong acumen
- Primarily a strong relationship person with excellent people skills
- Experience tracking and understanding key metrics around agency delivery and client reporting and ability to translate these key metrics into a meaningful story for the client
Nice to haves
- Experience in eCommerce (Shopify specifically)
- Brand / Content Strategy experience
- Copywriting experience
This role ultimately reports to the VP of Business Development.
What Do We Offer?
- Diverse and inclusive team
- Fast-paced, supportive environment
- Mentorship and coaching in a collaborative fashion
- Dog-friendly environment
- Reasonable office hours
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Competitive pay based on experience level
- Mentorship/coaching in a collaborative fashion
- Defined health benefits in addition to a Health Care Spending Account (‘HSA’)
Art & Science is a digital agency located in Toronto near Adelaide/Spadina. We are a close-knit agency that works very much like a family. We trust each other implicitly, are always innovating and have a ton of fun doing so. For more info, visit https://artscience.ca/philosophy/ and learn more about our “rules” which should give you a good sense of who we are (short of visiting and meeting folks).
We pride ourselves on having a workforce comprised of people from different backgrounds, experiences, ethnicities and genders, and are always seeking to include new people who share these values of inclusivity and diversity.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting an introductory email.
Subject Line: Senior Account Manager Application – [Your Name]
Your email should include all of the following:
- Why are you the best fit for the role?
- Where have you been? (A brief overview of your most relevant experience.)
- What are you passionate about?
- Salary expectations
- Do you require any accommodation or consideration during the interview process?
COVID-19 AND REMOTE WORK
Art & Science is committed to safe and responsible working conditions for all employees and contractors and has been fully complying with all Provincial recommendations for physical distancing and remote work. As such we are conducting all interviews remotely via video conferencing.
We are closely monitoring global best practices and when it is safe to do so, we will be re-opening our downtown Toronto office in full compliance with Provincial, National and World Health Organization recommendations. Consequently, we are only considering candidates within a reasonable commute to the Toronto downtown area (Adelaide/Spadina).
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.