Art & Science is looking for a Sales & Marketing Coordinator to join our team. An exciting opportunity to work directly with our executive team, this role oversees the coordination of our inbound sales channels alongside our proactive content marketing efforts.
INCLUSIVITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
You love meeting new people and are excited about helping us grow – while no sales training is required, you are excited about the opportunity to help us convert our inbound leads.
You are a deft communicator — both in writing and verbally. You love writing / communicating and are excited about the opportunity to help craft an impactful content strategy alongside the internal team.
You understand the ever-changing digital landscape and have a passion and appreciation for clever digital brand experiences.
You revel in a challenge, and are always looking to excel, learn and grow. You have excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills. You are comfortable ‘managing up’ to get the information you need to proceed.
The role does not include a formal set of responsibilities, but anticipated activities may include:
Sales: Managing Inbound Leads & Sales Process (65%)
- Working in partnership with our Leadership Team to evaluate and connect with our inbound leads. Leveraging the right subject matter experts to help validate & close deals.
- Responsibility for the integrity of data as it relates to our CRM (Hubpost), working with senior leads to facilitate the accuracy of data & reporting in the platform.
- Develop initial research to support the Sales Lead’s overall response to prospects (including; Deck Development, Proposals & RFPs)
Marketing: Internal Content Strategy & Marketing (35%)
- Working with internal Content Strategy support, create ongoing content within framework for A&S social media channels (Instagram / LinkedIN)
- Proofreading & Copy development support for A&S Marketing efforts
- Manage and maintain A&S’s external content updates (Network listings)
- Support for Awards submissions
Level of importance of the requirement to the successful performance of the key activities of the position is defined as C – critical, I – important or N – nice to have.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a marketing role in an agency environment (I)
- Results-focused – Art & Science prides itself on our ability to get our client the results their business needs. If we aren’t seeing good results early, we adjust and get things on track (I)
- Quick learner – ability to listen and learn of a particular clients’ unique business, brand and our deliverable in their marketing mix (C)
- Copywriting experience (I)
- Digital Strategy / Content Strategy experience (I)
- Budget/timeline management proficiency with ability to manage these items with strong acumen (I)
- Empathetic, in that you have the ability to understand the needs of others intuitively. You love building relationships with people (C)
- Solution-oriented, always thinking of delivering above and beyond the needs asked (I)
- Excellent oral and written skills – ability to translate and present insights to senior leaders (I)
- Analytical – ability to track and understand key metrics around marketing objectives and reporting. Ability to translate these key metrics into a meaningful story for into marketing Art & Science. (I)
- Ability to present concepts/manage feedback with authority through email, phone and in-person (I)
- Pay close attention to the details, large and small, of all agency/stakeholder communications (I)
- Positive attitude, especially in the face of tight timelines and multiple asks (I)
- Digital marketing and development background with an understanding of the web space, digital marketing and a passion for learning what’s new/next (N)
This role ultimately reports to the VP of eCommerce.
Work Culture and Perks
- We trust each other implicitly, are always innovating, and have a ton of fun doing so. For more info, visit https://artscience.ca/philosophy/ and learn more about our “rules” which should give you a good sense of who we are (short of visiting and meeting folks).
- Brightly lit and spacious downtown Toronto office at Adelaide and Spadina (although we’re currently working remotely because of COVID-19)
- Education budget so you keep learning which can be spent towards courses, conferences etc.
- Health benefits plan
- Fully paid for social events
- Pet friendly
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting an introductory email.
To: Stephanie Niven (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject Line: Sales & Marketing Coordinator Application – [Your Name]
Your email should include all of the following:
- Why are you the best fit for the role?
- Where have you been? (A brief overview of your most relevant experience.)
- What are you passionate about?
- Examples of your work (e.g. marketing portfolio, sales decks you’ve worked on)
- Salary expectations
- Whether you need any accommodations in the interview process
COVID-19 AND REMOTE WORK
Art & Science is committed to safe and responsible working conditions for all employees and contractors and has been fully complying with all Provincial recommendations for physical distancing and remote work. As such we are conducting all interviews remotely via video conferencing.
We are closely monitoring global best practices and when it is safe to do so, we will be re-opening our downtown Toronto office in full compliance with Provincial, National and World Health Organization recommendations. Consequently, we are only considering candidates within a reasonable commute to the Toronto downtown area (Adelaide/Spadina).
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.