Art & Science is looking for an Office Administrator (Full-Time or open to Part-Time of 30 hours/week) to join our growing team.
- You are easily-approachable, happy to be the go-to person for all office needs. You’re excited to get to know everyone in the office.
- You love being punctual and keeping things clean but aren’t going to be (immediately) mad about it if other people aren’t.
- You approach “office problems” with empathy first, and can inspire others to be the ideal office colleague.
- You communicate professionally — both in writing and verbally.
- More often than not, you’re going to be the first person a potential or new client interacts with walking into our office. You’re comfortable greeting clients as they walk through the door and make them feel at home. You are well-prepared for their arrival by facilitating the best experience for our visiting clients.
- You pay great attention to detail. You complete tasks with confidence as you’ve checked your own work.
- You like being busy and if you’re not — you find something to do. You have the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple small or large tasks requested at different times of the work day, simultaneously meeting deadlines.
- You solve problems effectively to achieve the target outcome, with sound judgment about who you might need input from.
- You anticipate the needs of others, but not afraid to raise your hand if you need support.
- Answer and handle incoming inquiries and requests (i.e., via phone, email, letter and in person) and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Greet clients and keep office and meeting rooms presentable at all times. Preparing rooms for client meetings; setting up water, coffee and/or tea, cream and milk, order any food if requested
- Daily maintenance of kitchen and shared lunch table area; unloading and running dishwasher, replacing and taking out the garbage, making sure the kitchen and other shared spaces are tidy, and returning misplaced items around the office to their appropriate places
- Weekly ordering of groceries and office supplies
- Organizing, ordering and (if needed) picking up food for team meetings, lunch & learns, office social events; cleaning up afterwards
- Prepare and distribute internal and external correspondence
- Organize electronic and hard-copy files
- Organize invoices and receipts, prepare reports and forward to accounting for processing
- Processing incoming payments/cheques and making weekly deposits at the bank
- Keeping track of office admin budget on all office expenses and ensuring proper expenses filing procedure
- Onboard new employees by setting up their accounts, desk space, and giving office tour
- Order and assemble office furniture and supplies when required
- Assist with other initiatives as needed, such as:
- Celebrating any team member’s milestones
- Getting gift cards and cards for things like birthdays, baby showers, weddings, team member farewell.
- Assist with Project Managers and/or Account Managers on projects as required
- Run errands to necessary places: the bank, Apple store, hardware store, grocery store, Starbucks, etc.
Level of importance of the requirement to the successful performance of the key activities of the
position is defined as C – critical, I – important or N – nice to have.
- Experience using Excel, Word, G-suite (C)
- 2 years of administrative experience or hospitality experience (C)
- Experience assembling out-of-box furniture and basic understanding of handyperson services (I)
- Experience working in an office environment (I)
- Experience using Slack and time-tracking software
- Copywriting skills
- Social media savvy
Directly reporting to Director of Operations
Work Environment and Perks
- Brightly lit and spacious downtown Toronto office at Richmond and Spadina
- Education budget so you keep learning (can be spent towards courses, conferences etc.)
- Health benefits plan
- Fully paid for social events
- Reasonable office hours
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting an email to Margaret Kwan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Angel Ho (email@example.com), with subject line “Office Admin Application – [Your Name]” and the following:
- Cover letter
- Indication of whether you’re looking for FT or PT role
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from womxn, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.