Art & Science is looking for a Digital Project Manager to come join our growing team.
About Art & Science
Art & Science is an award-winning boutique digital agency that develops effective digital marketing solutions and experiences for a growing roster of clients that include the Ecobee, Hermes, Intel Canada and Starbucks Canada. Our name is a reflection of our beliefs — that it takes the combination the inspiration of the Artist combined with the analytic rigour of the Scientist to succeed in today’s marketplace. We’re talented, agile, work very hard and have a lot of fun.
Art & Science is ranked one of the top Canadian Digital Agencies by clutch.co and has been named two years in a row by Growth 500 as one of Canada’s top 500 fastest growing companies. In 2018, Art & Science won Best Tech Work Culture at Timmys Awards and were shortlisted by Google for Most Innovative Display Campaign, to name a few of our recent accolades.
- You have 2 to 3 years experience managing multiple technical web projects and display a strong understanding web development processes and UX design processes.
- You have the ability to translate complex scope and timeline into small workable chunks and can explain complex issues and present them in a way that clearly demonstrate impact and understanding.
- You are passionate about leading a project team to do their best and strive to translate success metrics.
- You think strategically about communication and tailor your communication style or method depending on project type, stakeholders and team members.
- You have a deep understanding of project management methods and processes and apply them to your projects.
- You believe adaptability and fluidity matters greatly in a project— just because you planned something doesn’t mean things won’t change mid-stream and you’ll have to adapt to change course to meet the objectives.
- You are a multi-tasker and can manage multiple projects at once. You know how to manage your own time to schedule competing priorities.
- You are innately curious and enjoy learning about how people work and their processes.
- You don’t just set a timeline and let the project run itself; you ensure your team and all stakeholders are informed every step of the way and have the data to back it up.
- You understand the core of your success is managing expectations and understand most issues can be resolved by setting the right expectations at the right time.
- You are customer-service oriented and always communicate with respect and professionalism.
- You love sharing your successes (and failures) with other team members and discussing how to one-up your last successes.
- You are prepared to go the extra mile to keep clients happy, revel in a challenge, and are always looking to excel, learn and grow.
Level of importance of the requirement to the successful performance of the key activities of the
position is defined as C – critical, I – important or N – nice to have.
- Strong understanding of content management systems (C)
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS (C)
- Investigative skills; looking at the full spectrum of the issue or request to identify the cause and pull together the necessary information for the team (C)
- Digital Project Management certification (N)
- 2 to 3 years experience managing digital projects from end-to-end (e.g. websites, web apps, mobile apps) from project discovery, planning project timelines and budget, team resourcing, during project sprints, to QA and launch (C)
- Experience working in an agency environment (I)
- Experience managing digital marketing campaigns (e.g. Facebook Ads, Google Display, Google Adwords) (N)
Certification in web development, design, copywriting, or digital marketing related study.
Planning and Initiation
- Onboarding: Work with Account Lead or Account Manager to get onboarded to a new initiative and prepare detailed Statements of Work.
- Estimates: Assist with facilitating the estimation of work effort for maintenance projects.
- Team Briefing: Kick-off project with team to translate project goals, scope of work, and budget and timing.
- Detailed Workback Schedule and Sprint Plan: Produce a detailed work back schedule by facilitating the team to plan out more detailed design and development cycles, identifying key dates that require client interactions and meetings.
- Setting Project Cadence: Schedule regular scrums or touch points with team and client that is right for the project.
- Project Set Up: Set up project in project management tools, file sharing system, drafting and sending invoices.
Running a Project
- Communication Management: Determine the appropriate mode communication depending on the situation: in-person, slack, email, phone. Run effective meetings by stating agenda and goals. Keep project sponsor and account leads informed of project progress. Filter communication to the right team member at the right time.
- Budget Management: Maintain project budget by setting expectations with team and client on budget availability, raises hand when budget is at risk and proactively propose next steps to manage budget risk
- Task Management: Taking the initiative to troubleshoot the issue to fullest extent of your ability before translating the issue to the appropriate resource within the team. Prioritize tasks effectively for team members (e.g. in a sprint). Manage task effectively in JIRA and writing good tickets.
- Change Management: Manage changes during project with fluidity by understanding the ask and goals. Assess the impact of changes and recommend the best course of action.
- Risk Management: Identify roadblocks and risks, and facilitates solution rather than just stating the roadblocks and risks.
- Quality Assurance (QA): Perform detailed QA of deliverables and spots issues before client or account lead raises them.
- Deployment: Is prepared when managing the launch of project by giving the teams heads up and schedule launch dates with client. Ensure pre-launch and launch tasks are completed.
- Project Administration: Send out invoices on-time. Keep project documents up-to-date and organized. Keep schedules up-to-date. Updating budget when allocation changes.
- Maintain a balanced team morale during the project. You are a cheerleader when the team needs it. You are realistic and challenges solutions and processes when necessary.
- Not afraid to resolve tension. You maintain resilience when facing challenges in project. You identify tension in team or client during project and pro-actively works towards resolving tension
- Look for opportunities: Proactively pitch upgrade and renewal opportunities
This position will report directly to the Director of Operations.
Work Environment and Perks
- Winner of Best Tech Work Culture in Toronto, 2018 Timmy Awards
- Brightly lit and spacious downtown Toronto office at Richmond and Spadina
- Education budget so you keep learning which can be spent towards courses, conferences etc.
- Health benefits plan
- Fully paid for social events
- Pet friendly
- Reasonable office hours
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply via LinkedIn on https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1055973465/
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Art & Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.