This is a full-time, entry-level paid internship position that supports the digital marketing team at Art & Science.
About Art & Science
Art & Science is a digital agency unlike any other. We combine the creative inspiration of the artist with the analytical rigour of the scientist to produce campaigns, products and even new companies. We have a ten-year history of creating digital experiences for some of the biggest brands in Canada, launching new brands designed from the ground up, and helping new businesses get off the ground with proven customer-centric strategies. We also help our clients build their site traffic, test their messaging and ultimately surpass their lead-generation and sales objectives.
Inclusivity and Accessibility
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Digital Marketing – Support the digital marketing team with the development and implementation of strategic marketing initiatives. This includes: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter), and Search Engine Marketing (Google Ads, Amazon Ads, YouTube, etc…)
- Copywriting/Proofreading – Responsible for editing and proofreading blogs, newsletters, and website content for multiple clients at a time
- Website Content Upload/Editing – Support development and accounts teams through uploading/editing of copy, imagery and other site content for marketing site creation and fine tuning
- Project Management – Ability to assist in the planning and preparation of project documentation, plans, research, and more.
- General Support – This role will change on a daily basis as different needs come up. The position will require a person who embraces flexibility and versatility
Level of importance of the requirement to the successful performance of the key activities of the position is defined as C – critical, I – important or N – nice to have.
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study (data science, marketing, communications, digital media)(C).
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with team members or client in email, on phone, in person and in communication tools such as Slack (C)
- Experience using Google Sheets, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (C)
- Experience using content-management systems such as WordPress (N)
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS (N)
- Ability to get clarity of requests from client or managers in order to perform tasks effectively and efficiently (I)
- Experience with project management software such as Asana and Jira (N)
- Knowledge of written French is a nice-to-have (N)
Attributes & Behaviours
- Passionate about digital marketing and wants to learn as much as they can about PPC/SEO (C)
- Attention to detail; high quality standards (C)
- Supportive, helpful attitude towards others (C)
- Have a self-starter attitude and always willing to learn; If you don’t know something, you’ll try to find information yourself first (C)
- Enjoys working in a constantly evolving environment, wearing multiple hats (I)
- You like animals! (N)
Work Environment and Perks
- Regular, monthly lunch-and-learns on a variety of cool topics
- Mentorship and coaching in a collaborative fashion
- Reasonable office hours for work life balance
- Have been awarded Winner of Best Tech Work Culture in Toronto
- Brightly lit and spacious downtown Toronto office at Adelaide and Spadina (we’re currently WFH b/c of COVID-19)
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting an introductory email
Your email should include all of the following:
- Why are you the best fit for the role?
- Where have you been? (A brief overview of your most relevant experience.)
- What are you passionate about?
- Examples of your work (optional, but recommended)
- Salary expectations
- Do you require any accommodation or consideration during the interview process?
COVID-19 and Remote Work
Art & Science is committed to safe and responsible working conditions for all employees and contractors and has been fully complying with all Provincial recommendations for physical distancing and remote work. As such we are conducting all interviews remotely via video conferencing.
We are closely monitoring global best practices and when it is safe to do so, we will be re-opening our downtown Toronto office in full compliance with Provincial, National and World Health Organization recommendations. Consequently, we are only considering candidates within a reasonable commute to the Toronto downtown area (Adelaide/Spadina).
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This internship is funded by the Government of Canada and work terms are under the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) Program. DS4Y, an initiative from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), provides an opportunity for youth to gain valuable training and work experience needed for today’s digital economy.