Art & Science is looking for a full-time Digital Marketing Coordinator (SEO & PPC) to join our growing team.
Inclusivity and Accessibility
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from womxn, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- You are energetic, positive and enthusiastic who works well in a fast-paced team environment.
- You are polished, professional, and comfortable working with colleagues from multiple departments and at multiple levels to learn and grow.
- You understand there’s an infinite amount to learn in the world of digital marketing. It could be overwhelming at times, but it’s also what drives and motivates you.
- You are a self-starter and can learn the craft by observing how others do the work.
- You are well-rounded in skills: mix of hands-on search, PPC, social, reporting, online copywriting/content writing.
- You are very detail-oriented but you never lose sight of the bigger picture.
- You understand numbers in a report mean nothing if it’s not presented with a relatable narrative to the client, colleague or your manager.
- You like direct feedback and are not afraid to ask for help if you’re stuck on something.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute on the day-to-day implementation of digital marketing campaigns that involves work in PPC and SEO with direction provided by a Digital Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate with development and accounts teams while helping to upload/edit copy, imagery and other site content for marketing site creation and fine tuning.
- Assist in troubleshooting campaign delivery and pacing issues; support the team in addressing immediate issues, and being involved in the brainstorm of solutions.
- Provide ideas and suggestions on tactics, audiences, placements and pacing for digital marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting.
- Review and document campaign performance and opportunities for improvements to relevant marketing manager.
- Maintain regular check-ins with both account managers and digital marketing managers to get feedback on your effort/work.
- Continuous and ongoing research in the digital marketing industry including, but not limited to, analytics, pay per click, social media, content, SEO & email marketing and new service additions.
Qualifications and Skills
Level of importance of the requirement to the successful performance of the key activities of the position is defined as C – critical, I – important or N – nice to have.
- College or university degree. (C)
- Digital marketing experience from either agency or client side (N)
- Previous hands-on experience in Paid Media (Google Adwords, Facebook ads, etc..) with some knowledge of SEO and tag management software. (N)
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, etc.) (N)
- Knowledge of Google platforms (Google Calendar, Sheets, Docs, etc…), basic HTML, and ability to quickly learn new applications as needed. (N)
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. (C)
- Highly organized self-starter with strong communication skills and an eye for copy and imagery. (C)
- Online content writing/editing ability. (I)
- Experience using Slack and time-tracking software
Work Environment and Perks
- Regular, monthly lunch-and-learns on a variety of cool topics
- Mentorship and coaching in a collaborative fashion
- Reasonable office hours for work life balance
- Education budget so you keep learning which can be spent towards courses, conferences, etc.
- Health benefits plan
- Have been awarded Winner of Best Tech Work Culture in Toronto
- Brightly lit and spacious downtown Toronto office at Adelaide and Spadina (we’re currently WFH b/c of COVID-19)
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting an introductory email
Your email should include all of the following:
- Why are you the best fit for the role?
- Where have you been? (A brief overview of your most relevant experience.)
- What are you passionate about?
- Examples of your work (optional, but recommended)
- Salary expectations
- Do you require any accommodation or consideration during the interview process?
COVID-19 and Remote Work
Art & Science is committed to safe and responsible working conditions for all employees and contractors and has been fully complying with all Provincial recommendations for physical distancing and remote work. As such we are conducting all interviews remotely via video conferencing.
We are closely monitoring global best practices and when it is safe to do so, we will be re-opening our downtown Toronto office in full compliance with Provincial, National and World Health Organization recommendations. Consequently, we are only considering candidates within a reasonable commute to the Toronto downtown area (Adelaide/Spadina).
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This internship is funded by the Government of Canada and work terms are under the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) Program. DS4Y, an initiative from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), provides an opportunity for youth to gain valuable training and work experience needed for today’s digital economy.