Art & Science is actively seeking a freelance copywriter to assist our fast-growing, award-winning agency with copywriting services for a digital marketing agency’s website.
INCLUSIVITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from womxn, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or nonvisible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Our client is a digital marketing agency who’ve just completed a rebrand. The project is entering the UX phase now, so it’s a great time to get involved and soak up some discovery.
- This is a Contract position.
- We are looking to secure a candidate by May 1
- This position is currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We’re Toronto-based, so being able to chat with us between 9–5 EST is key.
- You’re a seasoned Copywriter with a portfolio of compelling long-form pieces and punchy headlines.
- You know how to thoughtfully interview thought leaders on the client side to dig out the content you need to tell a great story.
- You’re able to distill complex concepts and technical processes into plain-spoken, even “breezy” copy.
- You understand and appreciate best practices around web writing (e.g. shorter paragraphs, writing for skimmability, folding in keywords as recommended by the SEO team, etc).
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience;
- A strong portfolio with an emphasis on marketing and/or website copy;
- Able to meet (remotely) with our team and collaborate as needed during business hours, 9-5 EST.
Scope of Work
- Participate in 1-2 discovery sessions, uncovering story points and insights;
- Conduct desktop research as required to understand competitors, customers and etc.;
- Work with our SEO team, Creative Director, and Brand Strategist to take their insights into account;
- Develop copy and revise as required.
- Starts May 1
- Estimated 18-25 hours per week for ~6 weeks.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending an introductory email, along with a resume and a portfolio link, to:
Kirk Clyne, Chief Creative Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject: Web Copywriter
We thank everyone in advance for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.