Art & Science is actively seeking several mid- to senior-level freelanced copywriters to assist our fast-growing, award-winning agency.
INCLUSIVITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from womxn, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or nonvisible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
There are several upcoming opportunities, some starting as early as late-August:
- A naming exercise for a new medical brand
- Marketing / medical copy for two fertility clinic websites
- Member-facing web copy for a professional realty association website
- And others …
Scope of Work
Varies per project, but generally:
- Participate in 1-2 discovery sessions, uncovering story points and insights;
- Conduct desktop research as required to understand competitors, customers and etc.;
- Work with our SEO team, Creative Director, and Brand Strategist to take their insights into account;
- Develop copy and revise as required.
- Varies; projects run 4-6 weeks (part-time) on average.
- These are part-time Contract positions.
- Working remote is required, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We’re Toronto-based, so some availability 9–5 EST for the occasional meeting is key.
- You’re a seasoned Copywriter with a portfolio of compelling pieces;
- You know how to thoughtfully interview leadership on the client side to dig out the content you need to tell a great story;
- You’re able to distill complex concepts and technical processes into plain-spoken, even “breezy” copy.;
- You understand and appreciate best practices around web writing (e.g. shorter paragraphs, writing for skimmability, folding in keywords as recommended by the SEO team, etc).
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience; agency experience preferred;
- A strong portfolio with an emphasis on marketing, website or medical copy;
- Able to meet (remotely) with our team and collaborate as needed during business hours, 9-5 EST
Interested in learning more? Reach out!
Send an email to:
Kirk Clyne, Chief Creative Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank everyone in advance for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.