We are currently seeking an Associate Director of Performance Marketing (reporting to the Director of Performance Marketing) whose primary purpose will be to help grow and mentor the team, while driving client’s results forward.
Inclusivity and Accessibility
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Who We Are:
Art & Science is a full-service marketing agency with pillars in strategy, digital marketing, brand & communication and experiential marketing campaigns. With a ten-year, award-winning history working with some of the biggest brands in Canada, we continue to experience growth and success. Art & Science prides themselves on blending creative with technology to produce incredible results for our clients. At Art & Science, we are not only committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion but we walk the talk and have built a strong culture based on those values.
What You Will Do:
- Elevate the talent on our performance marketing team; this role will take a hands-on development approach working with each of our performance marketing team members. You can think of this role like an internal department COO, while the Director is focused externally within the organization. You will work side-by-side with our current team, supporting accountants while crafting and executing a strategy that focuses on the team’s development. You will be responsible for training, mentoring, hiring and the performance management of team members to ensure we have the strongest performance marketing team possible. In a year from now, you will be able to show how your involvement with the team has enhanced the company as a whole.
- Improve internal performance management processes and efficiencies; you will work with the team’s internal processes to continue to improve the profitability of the group. You will be measured on your ability to maximize efficiency within the team, ensuring our client service levels meet both client and company goals. You will work on improving performance through creation, monitoring and improvement of our client dashboards and results. Lastly, you will oversee the process of daily pacing and optimization to make recommendations for improvement to be executed by the team.
- Work on client accounts; you will be the lead on a number of client accounts, however your main job is to execute through the current team. In your lead role on select client accounts, you will be focused on how to strategically improve our client’s results. You will guide our team to think differently about our accounts by leading through example. You will work with the team to think critically about innovation and how, as a result, our clients will continue to be more excited to work with us as we help them achieve their goals.
- You are intellectually curious, data-focused and not afraid to ask stupid questions; you are someone who loves to learn and the more insights you glean, the more questions you have. You know that asking questions is the root of turning data into great insights. You love to challenge an idea or assumption, and understand that healthy challenge is what helps a team get stronger and smarter.
- You are a patient teacher while holding people accountable to results; you care about and have a proven track record of elevating the people around you. You know that while it might be faster to do something on your own, you would rather invest the effort to develop the team to be able to do the task themselves. You love spending time with people and helping them evolve their skills. At the same time, you value holding people accountable to their work and the level of skill you know they are capable of executing.
- You are a technical expert; when it comes to the Google stack, you have expertise in search, display, YouTube, discovery, shopping, local and my business. You are happy to be hands-on in the platforms and teach others to do the same. Your social technical knowledge is strong, particularly in Facebook and Instagram, and if you come with some TikTok and LinkedIn skills, we’d be thrilled!
Why Work With Us:
This is your opportunity to join an agency with a heart, where the values of Diversity and Equity are a focus throughout the organization. In addition to a competitive compensation package, which includes a base salary of $100-$105k and a comprehensive health benefits plan, you will start with three weeks vacation, additional time off near long weekends and winter holidays. You will also experience generous leave programs, so you’re not using vacation if you’re sick and/or need to care for others. We have a downtown office, with the desire to have people working out of the office on a flexible basis once it is possible to do so. You will have the opportunity to shape the performance marketing team, and the careers of the people on it. Our team is one with a strong sense of camaraderie, where everyone wants to see one another succeed. If this piques your interest, we look forward to receiving your application.
Interested candidates are asked to fill out the job application form for the Associate Director of Performance Marketing role in our job portal.
Art & Science is an equal opportunity employer. We will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.