As Performance Marketing Account Manager, your job is to own the client relationship. You are the voice of the client’s needs and expectations to those you work with internally. You listen with intent, understand with empathy, and manage with tenacity.
As part of the account management team, while working closely with our performance marketing team, you will be responsible for spearheading intake sessions with clients, ensuring there is a clear understanding of the path forward between client and agency, work very closely with the performance marketing team, drive the overall project internally, present plans to clients in partnership, and manage the process to completion, keeping the client well-informed and pivoting where required.
An intimate knowledge of performance marketing (SEM, SEO, social, and web analytics) are critical for success in this role. Technical performance marketing skills are an asset. While you will be working closely with the digital marketing team, you will be a part of the overall agency account management team.
- Lead client management on all performance marketing clients at Art & Science. Managing and setting expectations internally and externally
- Work very closely with the digital marketing managers (DMMs) at A&S, collaborating on delivering against client briefs/asks, and allowing the DMMs to be the performance subject matter experts to our clients
- Respond to all ad-hoc client requests, ensuring any response that requires performance media strategy input is run by the DMMs before sending to client
- Be the main advocate for client needs and expectations internally, represent their needs and expectations on delivery of strategy, creative and any project management needs
- Identify key client opportunities beyond the asks and look for ways to grow a clients’ business within or potentially beyond the agency’s offering
- Report to key account management leadership, communicating on all projects and employing best practices around client leadership
- Where appropriate, work closely with project management team when projects go beyond performance marketing
- Be proactive – looking at ways to not just do the bare minimum, but thinking ahead to what’s happening in the clients’ business and bringing ideas to them that are unexpected and add value
- Minimum 3-4 years experience working in an account management-related field, agency experience preferred
- Digital marketing background with an emphasis on search/social marketing, the web space, and a passion for learning what’s new. Previous experience executing performance marketing campaigns is an asset (e.g. Google Adwords, Display, Social)
- Results-focused – Art & Science prides itself on our ability to get our client the results their business needs, if we aren’t seeing good results early, we adjust and get things on track
- Quick learner, ability to listen and learn of a particular clients’ unique business, brand and our deliverable in their marketing mix
- Budget/timeline management proficiency, ability to manage these items with strong acumen
- Primarily a strong relationship person, excellent people skills
- Empathetic, in that you have the ability to understand the needs of others intuitively
- Solution-oriented, always thinking of delivering above and beyond client asks
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Analytics – ability to track and understand key metrics around agency delivery and client reporting and ability to translate these key metrics into a meaningful story for the client
- Ability to present concepts/manage feedback with authority through email, phone and in person
- Pay close attention to the details, large and small, of all agency/client communications
- Positive attitude, especially in the face of tight timelines and multiple asks
What do we offer?
- Diverse and inclusive team
- Competitive pay based on experience level
- Mentorship/coaching in a collaborative fashion
- 2 weeks vacation to start, plus paid “agency holidays”
- Defined health benefits in addition to a Health Care Spending Account (‘HSA’)
- Dog-friendly environment
Art & Science is a pure digital agency located in Toronto near Richmond/Spadina. We are a close-knit agency that works very much like a family. We trust each other implicitly, are always innovating and have a ton of fun doing so. For more info, visit https://artscience.ca/philosophy/ and learn more about our “rules” which should give you a good sense of who we are (short of visiting and meeting folks).
We pride ourselves on having a workforce comprised of people from different backgrounds, experiences, ethnicities and genders, and are always seeking to include new people who share these values of inclusivity and diversity.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending a hand-crafted, well-written and bespoke introductory email, along with resume to: Stephanie Niven, Director of Business Development: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following in your letter of interest:
- Why are you the best fit for the job?
- Where have you been? (A brief overview of your most relevant experience)
- What are you passionate about?
- Show us your work (A link to your online portfolio of projects)
- What are your salary expectations?
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Art & Science is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.