Art & Science, a leading digital agency in Toronto, is seeking to add a Full-Time Account Coordinator to its growing account management team. We need an enthusiastic self starter who can help us deliver exceptional work to our rapidly expanding client portfolio. You are a great communicator, thrive while building relationships and have a passion for excellent creative brand work.
INCLUSIVITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
Art & Science is an inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, racialized people, Indigenous peoples, people from gender-diverse and sexually-diverse communities, people with disabilities (visible or non-visible), people of different religious backgrounds, people with family caregiving responsibilities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Art & Science will provide accommodations to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
About Art & Science
Art & Science is an award-winning, boutique digital agency based in Toronto. Our name is a reflection of our beliefs: that to succeed in today’s marketplace, it takes the inspiration of the artist combined with the analytic rigour of the scientist. We’re talented, agile, work very hard and have a lot of fun.
Art & Science is ranked one of the top Canadian Digital Agencies by clutch.co and has been named by Growth 500 as one of Canada’s top 500 fastest growing companies, two years in a row.
About The Team
As Account Coordinator, your job is to support the Accounts Team to provide exceptional service to our clients while acting as guardians of their brand(s)/business(es) internally at A&S.
The Accounts team works closely with all agency departments: exec, strategy, project management, creative, performance marketing & tech/dev. The AC will in some instances run smaller engagements and in others support a larger accounts / strategy team but in all interaction will drive the execution of the client brief.
About You / The Role
Often working in close partnership with the Account lead and assigned project manager, the AC will help manage the process to completion, keeping the client well-informed and pivoting where required. You are the voice of the client’s needs and expectations to those you work with internally, and own the day-to-day relationship with your clients.
You listen with intent, understand with empathy, and manage with tenacity.
A passion for the digital world and experience in any of the following disciplines are an asset; brand strategy, campaign work, UX & Design, eCommerce, web builds and digital/performance marketing.
The role does not include a formal set of responsibilities, but anticipated activities may include:
- Support client management on selected clients at Art & Science, managing and setting expectations internally and externally
- Work very closely with internal teams at A&S (creative, strategy, project management, tech/dev, possibly performance marketing) collaborating on delivering against client briefs/asks
- Respond to all ad-hoc client requests, ensuring any response has had internal consultation before responding to client
- Be the main advocate for client needs and expectations internally, represent their desires and expectations on any and all delivery
- Identify key client opportunities beyond the asks and look for ways to grow a clients’ business within or potentially beyond the agency’s offering
- Report to key account management leadership, communicating on all projects and employing best practices around client leadership
- Be proactive by looking at ways to not just do the bare minimum, but thinking ahead to what’s happening in the clients’ business and bringing ideas to them that are unexpected and add value so that clients can’t help but love you and the agency.
- Support the agency’s executive on sales activities including; pitching, prospecting and proposal writing.
Level of importance of the requirement to the successful performance of the key activities of the position is defined as C – critical, I – important or N – nice to have.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an Accounts role in an agency environment (I)
- Excellent writer – ability to produce copy for A&S’s own marketing channels (Social, Blogs, Events, etc.) (C)
- Results-focused – Art & Science prides itself on our ability to get our client the results their business needs. If we aren’t seeing good results early, we adjust and get things on track (I)
- Quick learner – ability to listen and learn of a particular clients’ unique business, brand and our deliverable in their marketing mix (C)
- Budget/timeline management proficiency with ability to manage these items with strong acumen (I)
- Empathetic, in that you have the ability to understand the needs of others intuitively. You love building relationships with people (C)
- Solution-oriented, always thinking of delivering above and beyond the needs asked (I)
- Excellent oral and written skills – ability to translate and present insights to senior leaders (I)
- Analytical – ability to track and understand key metrics around marketing objectives and reporting. Ability to translate these key metrics into a meaningful story for into marketing Art & Science. (I)
- Ability to present concepts/manage feedback with authority through email, phone and in-person (I)
- Pay close attention to the details, large and small, of all agency/stakeholder communications (I)
- Positive attitude, especially in the face of tight timelines and multiple asks (I)
- Digital marketing and development background with an understanding of the web space, digital marketing and a passion for learning what’s new/next (N)
- Design capabilities, ability to deliver beautiful presentations alongside our design team but with a strong design eye (I)
Nice to haves
- Experience in eCommerce (Shopify specifically)
- Digital Strategy / Content Strategy experience
- Copywriting experience
This role ultimately reports to the VP of eCommerce / Head of Accounts.
Work Culture and Perks
Art & Science is a pure digital agency located in Toronto near Adelaide/Spadina. We are a close-knit agency that works very much like a family. We trust each other implicitly, are always innovating and have a ton of fun doing so. For more info, visit https://artscience.ca/philosophy/ and learn more about our “rules” which should give you a good sense of who we are (short of visiting and meeting folks).
We pride ourselves on having a workforce comprised of people from different backgrounds, experiences, ethnicities and genders, and are always seeking to include new people who share these values of inclusivity and diversity.
- Mentorship/coaching in a collaborative fashion
- 2 weeks vacation to start, plus paid “agency holidays”
- Defined health benefits in addition to a Health Care Spending Account (‘HSA’)
- Dog-friendly environment
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are asked to apply by submitting an introductory email.
To: Stephanie Niven (email@example.com)
Subject Line: Account Coordinator Application – [Your Name]
Your email should include all of the following:
- Why are you the best fit for the role?
- Where have you been? (A brief overview of your most relevant experience.)
- What are you passionate about?
- Examples of your work (optional, but recommended)
- Salary expectations
- Whether you need any accommodations in the interview process
COVID-19 AND REMOTE WORK
Art & Science is committed to safe and responsible working conditions for all employees and contractors and has been fully complying with all Provincial recommendations for physical distancing and remote work. As such we are conducting all interviews remotely via video conferencing.
We are closely monitoring global best practices and when it is safe to do so, we will be re-opening our downtown Toronto office in full compliance with Provincial, National and World Health Organization recommendations. Consequently, we are only considering candidates within a reasonable commute to the Toronto downtown area (Adelaide/Spadina).
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.